Are you a sensitive person about your health?? Do you wonder what would happen if you stay all day at home and do nothing?? Yes, doing nothing does screw up your health. So, why not look up to your health with our health tips?? Try to take care of your health. Well, that’s what I will be telling you today. So, are you ready to make your health better like before??
Here are some quarantine health tips for everyone in 2020.
Eat Healthy and Nutritious Food and don’t eat too much
In the term of eating fresh food, always be strategic about what you take first and what you take in the end. Always store these foods as much as possible than those foods that have a longer life. That’s because, foods that have a short time before they get wasted, and those foods have many more proteins than the foods that have a longer time. So, always prioritize fresh products like fruits, vegetables and reduced-fat dairy products.
Always prepare home cooked meals. In a regular day, not all of us have enough time to prepare food at home. That’s why; most of us buy foods from outside. But, did you ever think of the quality that those have?? Always try to prepare foods at home as much as possible. There are a lot of online food guides that provides you delicious and healthy recipes. Try to take advantage of those as much as possible and prepare healthy food at home.
Limit your salt intake as too much salt is bad for your body and kidneys. Too much salt damages your kidneys and makes them unable to work. So, always try to take as much less salt as possible. WHO recommends that we should take less than 5g of salts per day? So, try to take foods that have less salt in them.
Also, limit the amount of sugar and fat you take. That’s because if you take too much sugar or fat, it increases the amount of fat of your body. And, too much fat is not good for us. So, try to take less sugar and fat as much as possible.
Consume enough fiber. Fibers contain some ingredients that help you to get a healthy digestive system and offer you a prolonged feeling of fullness. This prevents overeating. With that, drink enough water. It is crucial for optimal health. Whenever you can, always try to drink tap water because that is the healthiest. It is the most sustainable too. That’s because it does not produce any waste. So, always try to stay hydrated and follow these rules to stay healthy.
Stay physically active
One of the best quarantine health tips for everyone to take short active breaks during the day because active breaks reduce the boringness that you might have for doing nothing because of quarantine. So, take short active breaks like play with children, spend time in your garden or do other stuff that is active.
Follow the free exercise tips that are found online. These will be helpful to maintain a good physical health as well as mental health. Doing short exercises will keep your mind fresh from all kind of boringness.
Walk as much as possible. Walking is really the mixture of all kind of physical exercise. Like, when someone calls you, just walk around your house as much as possible. If you decide to go out, be sure to maintain at least 1-meter distance.
Stand up whenever you can do so. Ideally, you should stand up every 30 minutes or so. This way, your organs will reboot and you will feel good or fresh and won’t have the dullness that you usually have after standing up from sitting a longer time.
Relax whenever possible. Meditation and deep breaths can help you to remain really calm. It is really helpful for you to keep your mind calm as it keeps the blood circulation running. This way, more blood reaches your brain and it stays active.
Eat by establishing a routine and practicing eating mindfully
In a time of doubtfulness, you might feel sad, anxious, scared and stressed. It is kind of normal. And, maintaining a normal daily routine can be stressful sometimes. But, one way to do this successfully in by making regular mealtimes and planning meals in advance and sticking to them. This can help us to control our level of hunger, meet our requirements for nutrition and it will also allow us to get the most out of the food that we usually eat. It reduces food waste.
While we are in a long period of stress, some of us eat more. Besides that, it also leads us to take more snacks because of boringness. So, we should always practice mindful eating as it can really be a useful way for us to maintain a perfect relation with food and it also can help us to maintain out energy intake.
Now, let’s know some tips so that you can practice mindful eating:
- Don’t eat while you are going somewhere – It is really hard to know how much you are eating while traveling. Just sit down and focus on how much you are eating.
- Don’t eat straight from the pot/bag. Serve it and then eat – This way you can see how much you are eating and control how much food you are eating.
- Remove distractions while you eat – Turn on the TV, phone, computer etc while you eat. This way you will be able to focus more on what you are eating and how much you are eating.
- Take little bites and chew them well – Taking small bites and chewing them well makes the work of your stomach less which way you will lose less energy while your digestion process runs. Try to take 30 chews out of each little bite.
- Always, try to put down the vessel that you are eating through after each bite. Try not to pick up the vessel until you swallow that you are chewing or what you already have in your mouth.
- Do not always try to finish the whole plate. If you feel full already, keep the leftovers safely. This way, you can eat that if you feel hungry again.
Practice Safe Food Hygiene
The most important quarantine health tips for everyone in 2020 is to Practice Safe Food Hygiene. According to the EFSA, no evidence is found that the coronavirus spreads through food. But still, keeping a safe food eating practice is really important to keep away from any diseases.
- Wash your hand for at least 20 seconds with soap.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or with a tissue before you sneeze or cough and remember to wash your hands after you do that.
- Always wash fruits and vegetables before you eat them.
- Disinfect the stuff that you use after using them.
- Always keep raw and cooked foods separate. This way, the harmful microbes won’t spread from the raw food to the cooked foods.
- Also, use different utensils/chopping boards for raw food or cooked food to prevent the contamination.
- Make sure to cook your foods or boil the vegetables with boiling water or water with a temperature of more than 72°C as that kills all of the harmful microbes in the food.
Get Enough Qualitative Sleep
This one is the most important quarantine health tips for everyone in 2020 and you should strictly maintain it. That’s because a lack of good sleep can affect both our physical health as well as mental health negatively. It can also reduce our immune system’s ability to fight off infections. The amount of sleep that we should get depends on our age. The adults should have at least 7 hours of quality sleep per night. Kids from 1-6 years of age range should get 12 – 14 hours of sleep per night. Then, kids from 7-12 years old should get 9-11 hours of sleep per night. So, we should always,
- Try to make a regular sleep routine. And, try to maintain this routing for the rest of the weekend.
- Do not take alcohol or do not sleep. This will increase the amount of good sleep that you receive.
- Avoid any kind of caffeine before you go to sleep. Caffeine reduces the sleepiness and thus your sleep does not turn into a good sleep.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise keeps your mind active and it helps you to get a good sleep at night.
- Use comfortable bedding. This way, you won’t face any trouble while sleeping and will get extra good sleep.
- Don’t use electronics before going to sleep. This makes your mind active and prevents from getting a good sleep.
- Try techniques like mediation to relax your mind before sleeping. This way, you will be ensured a better sleep.
Have Healthy Snacks
Do you have a lot of snacks?? Well, in quarantine, it is a general thing that you would have a lot of snacks. As this is all about quarantine tips, let me ask you something. As we take a lot of snacks, why not turn those snacks into a healthy snack?? Well, here are some foods that you can use as healthy snacks.
- Mixed Nuts – These are an ideal nutritious snack as they provide perfect balance of healthy fat, protein, and fiber.
- Red bell pepper with guacamole – Red bell peppers are really healthy because they are really filled with Vitamin C.
- Greek yogurt and mixed berries – Berries are really good for snacks as they are one of the best sources of antioxidants. And, they are a great source of calcium and potassium too.
- Apple slices and peanut butter – Apples are really full of fiber as well as polyphenol antioxidants. And, peanut butter has additional benefits for heart health.
- Dark chocolate with almonds – Dark chocolate is filled with flavanols that help you to keep your blood pressure low and reduces heart disease risk. And, almonds are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- A piece of fruit – Snacks that are healthy don’t need to be much complicated. Just one fruit can be both satisfying and healthy for your body.
- Hard boiled eggs – Egg is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. They are filled with protein and Vitamins like B12 and K2.
- Piece of Cheese – Though, cheese is high in saturated fat, it is still unclear if it increases the risk of heart disease. And, it is really filled with protein and calories.
- Dried Unsweetened coconut – It is high in fat that helps you to lose your weight and improve the functioning of your brain.
- Olives – It is high in fiber, potassium, magnesium, and monounsaturated fat which help you to lower your LDL level.
Have Less Meat
As all these are about quarantine health tips, we have to remember that to stay safe from coronavirus, we have to keep our body healthy and increase the immune system. Having vegetable or green food is not only good for the environment but also good for your body. It makes our immune system stronger. The average people who go to reduced-meat meals or changes to a vegetable diet will lose weight. Also, they will be able to see many improvements in their body. Let’s see 9 ways that your health might be improved if you stop eating meat.
- You might lose weight – A large study published in 2013 revealed than those who eats less meat or doesn’t eat meat at all has a lower BMI than meat eater. And, the vegans have a very low fatness rate than those that are omnivores.
- Your blood pressure might get low – The vegans have a real low hypertension than meat-eaters. This is because the vegans’ weight is significantly lower and they eat more fruits and vegetables. That’s why they have less chance of hypertension and due to this reason they have less chance of higher blood pressure.
- Your diabetes risk will reduce – An American Diabetes organization said that people that follow a vegetarian diet has a small risk of the metabolic syndrome. This way, those people that have less meat has a reduced chance of getting diabetes.
- Your cancer risk may reduce – In 2002; researchers of the Loma Linda University began a 10-year long study of nearly 70,000 day Adventists. Their religious doctrine advised them not to eat meat. This research proved that those people that eat meat and those who don’t eat meat have a huge difference between their chances of getting all types of cancer.
- You’ll feel better in tight pants – There are a lot of people that can’t wear tight pants and most of them are meat-eaters. On the other hand, the vegans are always skinny and let me tell you, skinny people are not always unhealthy. So, if you are a meat eater and if you are unable to go on a date just because you can’t wear tight pants, consider switching to vegetables.
- Your skin problems will automatically get cured – Eating vegetables is one of the best food routine for your skin. Eating green foods like vegetables of fresh fruits increases the amount of antioxidants that neutralizes the free radicals that can cure brown spots, wrinkles and other skin problems.
- You might be happier – This sounds funny but eating more fruits and veggies naturally boosts your mood. Some economists and researchers studied the diet of 80,000 people of the Great Britain and they found that those people have a happy mental health than others.
- Your energy levels will increase – Eating more veggies and other green foods increases your energy overtime and you feel more energized. Researchers found that these foods open up the blood vessels and allows more oxygen to enter. This way, more energy is produced and you feel more energized.